I’m feeling all Italian this week….lol! Do you ever get days or weeks where you just have certain cravings? This week it was Italian for me, with Bruschetta at the start of the week (check my classic recipe here https://cookingwithluce.wordpress.com/2021/11/08/classic-bruschetta/ ), and now this fab little pasta dish, I am feeling all Italian Inspired. I even made a cheeky Limoncello Cocktail to finish off (you can view my recipe here..https://cookingwithluce.wordpress.com/2021/07/31/limoncello-spritz-cocktail/ )
This recipe is so easy to make and is packed full of flavour, great one for the whole family, especially as you can adjust your own Chilli portions. I made it a lighter option too with the lower fat Philadelphia and it tasted delicious, you would never know it wasn’t full fat.
2 Chicken Breasts, diced into bite size pieces
100g Wholegrain Pasta
1 White onion, diced finely
1 400g Tin Tomatoes
1 Red pepper, diced
150g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 Tsp crushed red chilli flakes
1 Tsp of Italian Seasoning
Handful fresh Basil to serve.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook your pasta until soft (about 8-10 minutes)
- Meanwhile, in a fry pan on medium heat, season with salt & pepper the chicken and brown, add in the onions and peppers & cook until softened (few minutes). Next add in the chilli and mix.
- Pour in the tin tomatoes and Italian seasoning and mix though, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Next add in the cream cheese and mix through until melted, then when pasta is ready, drain and add to the pan, mix through until coated and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve with some fresh basil. Enjoy!