I love pistachio’s and always looking for new ways to incorporate into my dining. This was delicious.
Mixed leaves of choice, Grated Beetroot, Grated Carrot, Cherry tomatoes (halved), cucumber sliced, Feta cheese, Olives (your choice), 1 pomegranate, Olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar for dressing.
3/4 Aubergines (Halved)
1 garlic clove
Olive oil (2 tbsp)
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
6 tbsps Pistachio’s
Handful of fresh mint
250g natural yoghurt
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 220 deg.
2. Halved Aubergines longways, and make 1cm deep cuts diagonally about 2-3cm apart. Rub the garlic over the top of each one and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in oven for approx 30-40 mins.
3. Mix up aubergines spices and dust over then cook for a further 5 mins.
4. For the yoghurt, mix pistachios, yoghurt, mint and olive oil in a blender until smooth. Set aside until ready.
5. Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl with dressing, serve onto a plate and sprinkle feta cheese over.
6. Cut pomegranate in half and carefully remove seeds, discarding any white pith, sprinkle seeds over salad.
7. Place baked Aubergines on top of salad and serve with the yoghurt dressing.