Home comfort food, there is nothing better sometimes than a big bowl of a warming hearty stew. This was absolutely delicious and so filling.
Low calorie Spray oil
1 red onion chopped
1 tsp garlic granules or 1 clove crushed
1 red chilli (chopped) or 1 tsp crushed chillies
225g can of red kidney beans
225g can of cannellini beans
225g can of chickpeas
1 tbsp tomato paste
350ml vegetable stock
1 red pepper, chopped
225g can chopped tomatoes
90g fresh broad beans
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
paprika to garnish
Soured cream to serve
- Heat the oil in a fry pan and add the onion, garlic & chilli and fry until softened.
- Add the kidney beans, cannellini beans, chickpeas and tomato paste and stir through.
- Pour over the stock and bring to the boil, reduce and simmer for about 15 minutes. Then add in the pepper, tomatoes and broad beans.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for about 20 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add in 3/4 of the coriander and mix through.
- Serve into bowl and top with 1 tbsp sourced cream, sprinkle over some paprika and remaining coriander.