Decided to try different beans in my chilli (as that’s what I had in cupboard…lol!), yummy alternative.
Serves 2 (422 cal per serving, 9g fat, 2g sat fat, 1.6g salt, 27g carbs)
2 x chicken breasts ( cubed )
1 tbsp olive oil or spray oil
1 large white onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp of cumin
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 x 400g chopped tomatoes
1 x 150-200g tin cannellini beans
2 tbsp fat free Greek yoghurt (optional)
2 spring onions, chopped
1. Heat oil in saucepan and fry the onion and garlic until slightly browned
2. Add the cumin, paprika, chilli and oregano and stir through for 1 min.
3. Add in the chopped chicken and stir for about 5-10 mins making sure the chicken is covered in the spices and beginning to cook through.
4. Add in the chopped tomatoes and simmer for about 20 mins until sauce thickens.
5. Add in the cannellini beans and heat through for about 5 minutes.
6. Taste, season and serve with a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkle chopped spring onions.