I recently purchased a new cookbook by Pinch of Nom, I loved their last one so had to get their new one. This is a recipe from their Fakeaway options and at under 400 calories per serving it is definitely my new takeaway at home. Super tasty no compromise on flavour at all. I served with a little Basmati and Wild Rice along with my homemade Sweet Potato Roti, a perfect Saturday night home takeaway.
Makes 2 Servings
2 Chicken Breasts – cut into small chunks
1 red onion – diced
1 garlic clove – grated
1 cm piece of ginger – grated
1 tsp chilli flakes or 1 red chilli- diced
1 tsp curry powder**
1 tsp mixed spice**
**(I used this as an alternative to gram masala as I didn’t have any)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 x 400g tin tomatoes
100ml chicken stock – 1 stock cube
1 red pepper – diced
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander to serve.
- Heat a little low fat spray oil in a fry pan on medium heat
- Brown the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger together for a few minutes
- Add the chicken and brown all over.
- Next add in the curry powder, cumin, mixed spice, ground coriander and mix through until coated.
- Add in the tin tomatoes, red pepper and stock and bring to the boil then reduce and cook on a low heat for about 15 minutes lid on, then 15 minutes with lid off to help thicken the sauce slightly.
- Serve a sprinkle with some fresh coriander…..YUM!