This dish is so yummy with a little kick. Perfect for Christmas dining as you can make as much as you need. I do love 1 pot meals.
Makes about 4 large portions or 8 smaller side portions.
1 x Butternut Squash – cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
100g cooked chestnuts, quartered
½ small pack sage leaves, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
8 slices of pancetta – chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
150g basmati & wild rice mix
300ml veg stock
Parmesan to serve
- Heat oven to 200 deg.
- Toss the squash with 1⁄2 tbsp of oil, chilli flakes and some seasoning on a large roasting tray. Roast for 15 mins, then add the shallots, garlic, chestnuts and nestle the sage and pancetta around the squash so that they touch the baking sheet.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 mins until the pancetta and sage are crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In the Steam pot place the Rice with the 300ml stock and steam for 20 mins on rice setting. Or you can use a pan on the hob, bring to boil the stock , add rice, cover, reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove steam pot and add the ingredients to rice and mix through to warm through.
- Serve with grated parmesan.