Since we are still in lockdown, we fancied something special for lunch today, sun was shining through the window, temperature was rising, so we thought we’d treat ourselves to this lovely little dish. Oh & of course we had a cheeky glass of wine with our meal too, just to help wash it all down.
Serves 2 portions.
3 medium size potatoes – cut into small cubes
1 red onion – diced
80 g Chorizo – sliced
200g tin tomatoes
50g grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp paprika
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to fan 190 deg.
- Place cubed potatoes into a pan of salted water and bring to the boil, simmer for about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a pan brown and cook the chorizo for a few minutes, remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the onion & chilli flakes to the chorizo pan and fry until browned, then add back to the pan the potatoes with tin tomatoes, butter & paprika, stir until combined and cook for a few minutes.
- Place mixture into an oven proof dish, make 2 wells and crack the eggs in, season the eggs then sprinkle grated cheese over.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes depending on how you like your eggs.
- Serve. Yummy!