Oh yes!……I know your looking at that and thinking jeezo that looks super tasty……and guess what you’d be right. Not only that, its only 492 Kcal per serving…..OMG! Tasty, Healthier, Lower in Calories and easy to make. Win! Win!
Another belter of a recipe from NOM!
3 Chicken Breasts – cut into strips, fat removed
2 yellow or red peppers thinly sliced
2 large onions thinly sliced
1 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp mild chilli powder
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
salt & pepper to taste
1 x 500g carton passata
1 x 400g kidney beans
2 x low calorie corn tortillas
70g low fat mozzarella
40g reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg fan and line the base of a 24cm springform tin with baking paper
- Add the chicken strips to a low-medium heat fry pan and brown.
- Add in the peppers and onions and brown, then add in the spices and mix through until coated.
- Add in the passata and kidney beans and simmer for about 10-15 mins.
- Put a layer of the chicken mix into the springform tin, then layer with 1 of the tortillas, then another layer of chicken mix, then another tortilla then another layer of chicken mix. Top with chunks of mozzarella and sprinkle grated cheese over.
- Put into the oven for 25 minutes or until cheese is lovely and browned and bubbling. Serve.