I recently purchased the new High Protein Handbook No. 5 from Scott Baptie, and this little recipe was my first one I tried, I have to say it was super tasty and very nutritious too.
1 tsp coconut oil
2 Chicken Breasts – chopped into chunks
1 sweet potato – chopped into chunks
1 onion – chopped
1 tsp dried garlic granules
1 tsp ginger
1 red pepper, chopped into chunks
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp fish sauce
200ml coconut milk
1 tsp chilli powder
Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan, season the chicken and add to the pan to brown then removed with a slotted spoon.
- Add the onion, pepper, sweet potato, garlic and ginger and brown.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and add the fish sauce, paprika, curry powder, chilli and coconut milk, reduce to a low simmer and cook covered for about 1-2 hours.
- Remove lid, turn heat up slightly and allow to cook uncovered for about 20-30 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve on its own or with some steamed wholemeal rice.
One thought on “Filipino Chicken Curry”
Pingback: Filipino Chicken Curry — COOKING WITH LUCE | My Meals are on Wheels