Oh yummy! We fancied a wee coffee n cake afternoon since we were having a lazy one. I recently visited the Coffee Festival in Edinburgh and discovered loads of amazing coffee roasters and new flavours, one of them was a new Cold Brew infused with CBD made by Hamilton Street Cold Brew, if you want to feel motivated, uplifting but with a little bit of calm in your day then you have to try this. I also picked up some amazing Chocolate by chocolate tree in Edinburgh, Artisan chocolates and organic chocolate are just some of their creations.
Makes 6 Servings
For Cake mix:-
110g unsalted butter, softened
110g self raising flour
110g Caster Sugar
50ml CBD Cold brew (if not using add milk)
50g Cocoa powder
2 tbsp boiling water
For the whipped cream filling:-
100ml whipping cream
50g Icing Sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
For the drizzle:-
1/2 bar of Salted Caramel Chocolate – melted
- Pre heat oven to 170 deg and grease a cake tin (I used a mini finger loaf tin)
- In a bowl combine, butter, flour, sugar, eggs, cocoa powder, cold brew and water and mix until combined together. Divide into cake tin and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl beat all the whipped cream ingredients together with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff. (Tip: Chill your bowl in the fridge before hand)
- Remove cakes from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack, once cooled slice in half and spread on the whipped cream mixture.
- Melt chocolate on lowest setting on Induction hob (or over boiling water in a bowl), and drizzle as much as you like over the cakes. Allow chocolate to harden before serving.