It’s Halloween Season, my favourite time of the year, beautiful crisp air, colourful leaves on the trees, dark cosy nights, everything spooky and weird, and amazing food flavours around. To be honest this is my first time with Pumpkin, I’ve never cooked it before myself, I thought I would try steam cooking it for more flavour and making a creamy soup as it was a really cold day here today. Was delicious.
Makes 1 large portion
250g chopped pumpkin
30g sliced leek
30ml double cream
300ml vegetable stock
30g Bulgur Wheat
Salt & pepper to taste
- Place the pumpkin and leeks with 100ml of the stock into the bottom of the steam pot and cook on dynamic steam for 8 minutes. Otherwise, place stock in a pan with pumpkin & leeks, & additional 100ml stock then bring to boil, reduce slightly & cook covered until soft.
- Remove lid and pour in the rest of the stock and the cream, season with salt & pepper and blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- If using pot its the same method as above.
- Add in the Bulgur Wheat to the creamed soup and cook on microwave 900w for 3 minutes.
- Or simmer in pan for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove from microwave/pan and serve with some toasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of olive oil.
- You can also add in some toasted croutons if you like.