Hello and Happy Wednesday!
Yes, I know what you are thinking, this isn’t chicken? It looks like Beef? That’s because of the soy Sauce and dark honey in the recipe marinating into the chicken.
One pot meals are always my go to when I am working, simply because they are easy and less washing up to do. I used some Scottish Heather Honey for this recipe and oh my……..this was a super tasty meal that I am so proud of. I had 2 recipes in mind to cook tonight, 1 was Honey and Garlic roasted Chicken and the other was a Soy Glazed Chicken, yes, you guessed it, I went for it and mixed it all up. I do love it when you change your mind last minute and get a successful NEW recipe!
Known as the ‘Champagne’ of all honeys, expertly gathered by bees that visit the legendary flower of Scotland, Heather. Scottish Heather Honey is dark and semi-set. A highly intense, distinctive, warm, woody and floral aroma reminiscent of the Scottish Highlands. I use honey from Heather Hills Farm, they are a family run business based in Blairgowrie, Perthshire since 1945. Click to their website for more details :- http://www.heatherhills.co.uk/.
Pure honey is full of natural antibacterial and antimicrobial goodness. As well as the high antioxidant qualities, manganese plays a role in helping to make and activate enzymes in the body involved in protecting tissues from damage and in the metabolism of nutrients. It also helps maintain healthy bones.
3-4 Large Chicken Breasts, cut into large chunks
1 Red Pepper, diced
1 Yellow Pepper, diced
2 White Onions, cut into wedges
4 Tbsps of Heather Honey (you can use clear honey if you can’t get this)
3 Tbsps of Dark Soy Sauce
2 Tsps Dried Garlic Granules
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Tsps French Mustard
1 Tsp Curry Powder
Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan, season the chicken, add to pan and brown.
- Add in the garlic, peppers and onion and cook for a few minutes.
- Mix in a jug or bowl the soy sauce, honey, curry powder and mustard. Season.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables, add 100ml water and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on a low heat for about 2 hours.
- Remove lid season if need and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve with some boiled potatoes or mash or anything you like. Enjoy!