Love home comfort food? This is a great little dish that never fails to satisfy. Easy to make, economical and very filling. Using the Gruyere cheese gives it a lovely rich flavour and the panko breadcrumbs give it a lovely bite.
2 Chicken Breasts – cut into bite size pieces
200g broccoli florets – fresh
1 tbsp butter
1 brown onion, sliced thinly
100ml creme fraiche
200ml chicken stock
40g panko breadcrumbs
55g Gruyere Cheese, grated
Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre heat your oven to 200 deg.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the broccoli, cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan and cook the onions until browned and softened, about 4 minutes.
- Layer the broccoli, onion & chicken in an oven proof dish and season well with salt & pepper.
- Pour over the stock and creme fraiche, mix through.
- Using the remaining butter in the pan from onions add the breadcrumbs and cheese and mix through, only heat for about 1 minutes until panko crumbs go slightly brown and cheese is combined.
- Sprinkle the panko crumbs and cheese over the chicken in the dish and bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy!