Oh Yum, this dish I found on the Whole Earths website, I just love their Peanut Butter especially the crunchy one….yum! My curiosity got the better of me because I wouldn’t have thought to put sweet potato and peanut butter together but wow, this was so tasty.
I also used my automatic setting on my Hotpoint Class 9 oven, the Potato Gratin setting. This was great as I didn’t need to worry about what temperature or oven function to set for a perfect bake the oven worked it all out for me.
This made 4 small servings (2 bakes in a 19cm x 30cm baking dish)
3 large Sweet Potatoes
2 tsp Crushed Chillies (or 2 chopped chillies)
100g Spinach – Chopped
300g Creme Friache
3 tbsp Peanut Butter, Crunchy
2 tsp dried coriander leaves
Salt & Pepper to taste
- If not using automatic programmes, preheat oven on fan to about 200 deg then finish off under the grill to crisp and brown.
- Peel & Slice the sweet potatoes to about 1/2 cm thick and place in a bowl, add the chopped spinach, coriander, chillies, salt & pepper.
- Mix the creme friache and peanut butter together until smooth ad combined then pour into the sweet potatoes and mix until potatoes are coated.
- Spray a baking dish with spray oil and then layer the sweet potato in the dish making two rows.
- Cover with Tin foil and bake for about 30 minutes, remove the tin foil and continue to bake for the further 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are softened and slightly browned.