Wanted some home comfort food today and trying to use up leftovers this little dish was perfect, tasty & filling.
Makes 2 servings
1 1/2 chicken breast (large)
1 Green Pepper
1 Large Leek
3 large Potatoes
250ml chicken stock
50ml Cream or milk
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp dried garlic granules
Salt & pepper to taste
Grated cheese (I used cheddar but Gruyere is nice if you have it)
Paprika to taste
- Pre heat your oven to 180 deg (or if you have a class 9 Hotpoint use the Potato Gratin function)
- Heat a little spray oil in a pan and slice the chicken into small strips, season with salt & pepper & nutmeg then brown, remove with a slotted spoon.
- Heat a little butter in the pan, slice the leek and gently saute the leeks with the garlic until slightly browned, remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the peppers are cook until slightly softened and browned. Remove.
- Peel and slice thinly the potatoes.
- Lightly butter a baking dish and start by layering the potatoes then the chicken mix with vegetables then potatoes then chicken mix then potatoes. Pour in the stock and milk and finally finish off with the grated cheese sprinkled on top. Then sprinkle with the paprika to taste.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes.