Today was a day of using up leftovers and I had bananas that were crying out to be used. This little recipe is so easy to make and delicious too, you can store for 2-3 days in an airtight container or freeze if you are making a large batch. Gluten Free too.
A great healthier option too with the oats having 4 grams of fiber & 6 grams of protein. In addition to fiber, oats are rich in magnesium, zinc and iron. The bananas which are loaded with fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and various antioxidants. The Peanut Butter is a good source of magnesium too.
A great grab & go breakfast option or simply a little snack in between meals.
200g Scottish Oats
60g Peanut Butter
2 small bananas, mashed
3 tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Dark Chocolate squares, chopped (or you can used choc chips)
- Preheat your oven on fan to 175 deg and grease a muffin tin.
- Put ALL ingredients into a bowl or mixer bowl and combine together.
- Pour into muffin tin, filling approx 3/4 way.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean and muffins are set.
- Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes. If freezing allow to cool completely.
- Best served slightly warm. Yum!