A bit of Meal prepping today while I have some time. I have been doing this for a few weeks now and have found it to be very beneficial to us. Sometimes I don’t get in till late from work and its always nice to have a healthy dinner ready for you. Also it means the 1/2 hour I save on making dinner means I can get some exercise in…..no excuses now.
Makes 4 Servings
1 tsp Ginger powder or 1″ piece fresh ginger minced
2 garlic gloves – minced
1 yellow onion – diced
2 tbsp Harissa Paste
Florets from 1 Caulifower
2 x 400g Chickpeas, drained
1 x 400g coconut milk
300ml vegetable stock
200g baby spinach
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a little oil in a large pan, add the garlic, ginger and onions and fry until softened.
- Add the Harissa Paste and coat the onions. Add in the Cauliflower and mix until coated.
- Pour in chickpeas, vegetable stock & coconut milk with seasoning and mix through, bring to the boil then simmer and cook covered for about 25-30 minutes until cauliflower has softened.
- Add the spinach and mix through, cook for a further minute or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and either serve or allow to cool before freezing.
- Serve with some Bulgur wheat or rice for a filling meal.