I do love creating with leftovers, I always amaze myself what you can do with leftovers in your cupboards or fridge. Today was a quick, tasty & filling lunch. With potatoes to be used up, I decided on mini loaded jackets. Using my Automatic Jacket Potato setting on my Hotpoint Class 9 Combi Microwave too they were ready in under 16 minutes too!
I made 4 small Jackets
4 medium sized Scottish Maris Piper Potatoes
2 tbsp butter
handful spinach – chopped
20-30g Cheddar Cheese – grated
Cracker Black Pepper
Salt to taste
- First wash potatoes and prick with a fork
- Place onto the Crisperplate or Microwave dish.
- Set to Automatic, Recipes, Vegetarian Dishes, Baked Potatoes, Set weight and Extra Done. Start. Turn half way through.
- When ready remove and allow to cool slightly
- Cut potatoes in half lengthways and scoop out potato and put into a bowl then mash
- Place butter and spinach into potato bowl and mix through & season
- Spoon the potato mixture into the Jacket Potato skins and sprinkle with cheese then place under a high grill for a couple of minutes until cheese is melted. Season with some Cracked Black Pepper. Yum!
- You could also add in some chilli and paprika for extra flavour & spice. Really anything of your choosing.