It was Blowin’ a Hoolie here today (very windy) & that just calls for something warm and home comforting. This was a tasty quick option in my kitchen tonight and certainly hit the spot.
Makes 2 portions
150g Butternut Squash – chopped into cubes
150g Sweet Potato – chopped into cubes
1 onion – chopped finely
60g Chorizo – sliced
1 garlic clove – minced
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp dried sage
Salt & pepper to taste
Handful of chopped carrots, sweetcorn and peas (I used frozen)
300ml chicken stock
- Heat some low fat spray oil in a pan and fry the chorizo for a few minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a kitchen towel.
- Add to the pot the onion, garlic, sage & nutmeg and fry until onions are softened.
- Add the sweet potato, butternut squash and vegetables and stir until coated.
- Add the chicken stock with seasoning and bring to the boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes or until squash and potato are cooked.
- Remove lid, add back to the pan the chorizo and spinach and stir in the cream allow spinach to wilt for a few minutes, stir through. Serve.
You could also sprinkle some nuts over for a more nutritious serving.