Oh yummy! Looking for something to go with custard for our Soup & Pudding Sunday, and having some coconut in the cupboard this was the result. Lovely and light too. Will also enjoy a wee slice with afternoon tea.
Makes 1 loaf
50g dessicated coconut
110g caster sugar
250g self raising flour
1 pinch salt
For the icing:-
5 tbsp icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp dessicated coconut
- Pre heat oven to 150 deg.
- Cream together the sugar and butter until light & fluffy
- Beat eggs in, 1 at a time.
- Add flour, salt, milk and coconut and mix gently until combined
- Spoon mixture into bake tin and bake for about 1 hour until a knife comes or clean
- Once cool, mix icing sugar, coconut and milk together and spread over top of cake.
- Alternatively, you can disregard the icing and serve with custard which is yummy too.