Oh yum, this might seem a bit odd but the toasted oats give this eggy bread a bit of a crunch that tastes so good. A Good protein breakfast too.
Makes 2 Slices
1 tbsp milk
2 large eggs
30g Scottish Oats
2 thick slices of bread (of your choice, but Brioche & Tiger Bread give extra flavour)
Maple Syrup to serve
Salt & pepper to taste
- Beat the eggs and milk together and decant into a large dish, season.
- Place the bread into the egg mix and allow bread to soak up the egg, turn over so both sides are soaked.
- Then place into the Scottish oats and coat.
- Heat some spray oil or butter in a large fry pan and heat on a medium to high heat.
- Place the bread into the pan and leave to cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until slighty toasted.
- Finally, remove and drizzle Maple Syrup over….Devour! Yummy!