Decided to bake a chocolate cake for our New Years Day dessert, we had the whole family this year so had to do something that fed 11 adults and 1 child. This was perfect and delicious but so rich, so a little bit is all you need.
Serves about 12-14
For the Cake:-
200g unsalted butter
200g Dark Chocolate
300g Light Muscovado Sugar
4 large eggs
175g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
For the Glaze:-
300ml double cream
160g dark chocolate
Choice of nuts – I used Hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 deg
- Melt butter and chocolate together, either in a bowl over a pan of boiling water or in a microwave for about 1 minute. Allow to cool slightly.
- Beat Sugar & Eggs together then pour in butter & chocolate mix.
- Fold in flour & baking powder until combined.
- Pour mixture into a cocoa floured bake tin and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the glaze by heating the cream gently and add the chocolate in, stir to melt. Whisk and pour over cake once cooled from oven. Sprinkle over nuts.