Decided to bake a chocolate cake for our New Years Day dessert, we had the whole family this year so had to do something that fed 11 adults and 1 child. This was perfect and delicious but so rich, so a little bit is all you need.
Serves about 12-14
For the Cake:-
200g unsalted butter
200g Dark Chocolate
300g Light Muscovado Sugar
4 large eggs
175g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
For the Glaze:-
300ml double cream
160g dark chocolate
Choice of nuts – I used Hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 deg
- Melt butter and chocolate together, either in a bowl over a pan of boiling water or in a microwave for about 1 minute. Allow to cool slightly.
- Beat Sugar & Eggs together then pour in butter & chocolate mix.
- Fold in flour & baking powder until combined.
- Pour mixture into a cocoa floured bake tin and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the glaze by heating the cream gently and add the chocolate in, stir to melt. Whisk and pour over cake once cooled from oven. Sprinkle over nuts.
You must be logged in to post a comment.