I first saw this recipe on Pinch of Nom site, I got their first book and have preordered their second, its full of healthier option recipes that do not compromise on flavour. This Lasagne was both delicious and lower in calories.
Makes 4 portions
400g Scottish Mince
1 Carrot, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
1 Red Pepper, chopped
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 Oxo cubes
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp Mixed Italian Herbs
2 tsp Dried Garlic Granules
For the White Sauce
350g Natural Yoghurt Fat Free
1/2 tsp Mustard
120g Low Fat Cheddar
Lasagne Sheets – I made my own but you can buy ready made
- Heat pan with a little low fat spray oil. Fry onion, carrots, pepper and garlic for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the mince and brown.
- Add the Italian herbs and Worcestershire sauce and stir through
- Add in tomato paste, oxo cubes, tin tomatoes and 200ml water and mix through until combined.
- Put lid on and simmer for 30 minutes
- Spread a layer of the beef mixture into a deep oven dish and then layer the lasagne sheets, then another layer of beef mixture, then layer lasagne sheets until you reach near the top.
- To make the sauce, mix yogurt, mustard, eggs & salt to taste with the cheese in a bowl until combined. (leave a little of the cheese to sprinkle on top)
- Spread the sauce mixture over the lasagne dish and garnish with pepper and leftover cheese.
- I baked using my Lasagne setting on my oven, or you can bake in an oven at 190 deg for about 30-35 minutes until browned.