I first saw this recipe on Pinch of Nom site, I got their first book and have preordered their second, its full of healthier option recipes that do not compromise on flavour. This Lasagne was both delicious and lower in calories.
Makes 4 portions
400g Scottish Mince
1 Carrot, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
1 Red Pepper, chopped
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 Oxo cubes
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp Mixed Italian Herbs
2 tsp Dried Garlic Granules
For the White Sauce
350g Natural Yoghurt Fat Free
1/2 tsp Mustard
120g Low Fat Cheddar
Lasagne Sheets – I made my own but you can buy ready made
- Heat pan with a little low fat spray oil. Fry onion, carrots, pepper and garlic for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the mince and brown.
- Add the Italian herbs and Worcestershire sauce and stir through
- Add in tomato paste, oxo cubes, tin tomatoes and 200ml water and mix through until combined.
- Put lid on and simmer for 30 minutes
- Spread a layer of the beef mixture into a deep oven dish and then layer the lasagne sheets, then another layer of beef mixture, then layer lasagne sheets until you reach near the top.
- To make the sauce, mix yogurt, mustard, eggs & salt to taste with the cheese in a bowl until combined. (leave a little of the cheese to sprinkle on top)
- Spread the sauce mixture over the lasagne dish and garnish with pepper and leftover cheese.
- I baked using my Lasagne setting on my oven, or you can bake in an oven at 190 deg for about 30-35 minutes until browned.
Having loads of bananas left, I decided on my favourite Banana Bread Recipe . This time I tried my Automatic settings on my oven, and it baked perfectly. I do love new technology.
These Automatic Recipes are a full proof way of cooking if your not sure, I love them and I’ve learned to experiment with recipes I might not have done before.
I do love a good Sunday Roast Dinner. I got a lovely bit of Scotch Beef Topside and decided to cook it Rotisserie Style, O.M.G! it was delicious. Meat was still Juicy on the inside with a lovely crispy outside. If you haven’t tried this cooking method, you are missing out…..seriously this is the only way I will cook this now.
I am lucky as my oven has a built in Rotisserie to it, such a great accessory. Check them out here Hotpoint Rotisserie Oven.
1kg Topside Scotch Beef
Rock Salt, Cracked Black Pepper and a little oil to season.
- Rub the seasoning into the meat and leave at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Skewer the meat onto the Metal Skewer and insert into the oven.
- Select Turbo Grill and a medium heat. Place a pan of water underneath to catch any fat (which can be used for the gravy).
- Cook for about 1 hr 15 minutes for medium.
I also cooked some crispy potatoes using my crisperplate in my Combi Microwave. Perfect match.
You can of course marinade the beef the night before in any spices you like, but I believe that when you have a really good bit a meat, salt & pepper is all you need.
Oh yes……my magic little crisper plate performs again with excellent results.
Thought I would try an omelette this time as it is a 50/50 chance I get the flip right in a pan……lol!
This crisper plate cooks right through without flipping in just 2 minutes…..oh yes just 2 minutes!
Makes 1 large omelette – 2 people or 1 if your hungry…lol!
Cooked smoked ham pieces
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat crisper plate on crisp setting for 3 minutes
- Whisk together eggs and seasoning, pour onto crisper plate
- Add on your fillings, for me this time it was ham and cheese. (spinach is another fav of mine)
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 2 minutes. Yummy! NO FLIPPING! Perfect omelette.
You must be logged in to post a comment.