Are you trying to use up leftover Pumpkin from Halloween? I am…lol! Came up with this one pot curry dish, super tasty and very filling too.
You can of course change the pumpkin for butternut squash or sweet potato and it would work the same.
Makes 4-6 servings
500g chopped pumpkin
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 onion – diced
1 tsp dried garlic granules or 1 clove crushed
thumb size piece of ginger, diced
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 400g can of coconut milk
1 400g can chopped tomatoes
400ml vegetable stock
150g Bulgur wheat
2 large handfuls of Spinach
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan until melted.
- Add garlic and onion with seasoning and fry for a few minutes
- Add the rest of the spices with the ginger and tomato paste and stir
- Add the pumpkin and stir until coated with the spice mix
- Now add in the coconut milk, tomatoes, bulgur wheat and stock and stir, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 35-40 minutes
- Add the spinach, cook for a further minute and serve.