The bread is full of flavour, so delicious and easy to bake.
Makes 1 loaf
150g Plain Flour
150g Wholegrain Bread Flour
70g Scottish Oats
100g Dark Brown Sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
30g melted butter
- Preheat oven to 190 deg on convection bake.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add in the wet ingredients to dry and mix together until combined. If the dough is too sticky and wet just add a little more flour but you don’t want it too dry.
- Shape into a circle and place on a floured baking tray, score a cross on top about 1/2″ thick and brush with some buttermilk.
- Bake in the oven for about 45-50 minutes until knife comes out clean, allow to cool and serve.