Oh yum……Pears are in season at the moment so I wanted to try a different dessert with them, this was so delicious and the texture was crunchy too.
Makes 8 servings (or 6 big ones…lol)
100g chopped hazelnuts
140g self raising flour
175g butter cut into small chunks
70g Caster sugar
80g dark brown sugar (10g from sprinkling)
2 large eggs
4 small pears – peeled, cored and diced
50g dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven on convection bake to 160 deg and line and grease a springform cake tin
- Add the flour & hazelnuts to a bowl and mix, add the butter and pulse until it forms bread like crumbs
- Add the sugar, eggs and mix
- Add in 3 of the pears and chocolate and mix lightly until combined, Spoon mix into the cake tin and smooth out.
- Sprinkle the other pear pieces on top and press down lightly, sprinkle the remaining 10g brown sugar on top and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool in the tin then transfer to a wire rack.
- Serve with some lovely whipped cream or ice cream.