Oh this was rather tasty too, another recipe spied on the Eating well website. Again I slightly adjusted flavour to my own liking & this was very filling and healthy.
2 Chicken Breasts
1 can 400g cannellini beans – drained
400ml chicken stock
1 white onion – sliced
1 carrot – sliced
1 yellow pepper – sliced
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp Italian Herbs mix (thyme, basil, oregano,red bell pepper, marjoram, sage, parsley)
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a little oil in a large pan and gently fry the onions and pepper
- Add the chicken breasts and brown all over for a few minutes.
- Add in the beans, chicken stock, seasoning, rosemary, italian herbs and mix, bring to the boil then reduce to a very low simmer. Simmer with lid on for about 4-5 hours.
- 1/2 hour before serving take 2 forks and shred the chicken, next add in the kale and continue to simmer.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice into pan mix then serve with some lovely fresh bread.