Oh……I do love a good curry on a Friday! Years ago it was always a takeaway or always had to have meat in it, not anymore. This little curry is a taste sensation, full of flavour and full of vitamins, more importantly nice n healthy too.
I served with my homemade Chapati’s too…..who says a curry can’t be healthy?
80g Green Split peas (if you soak overnight they will cook quicker)
80g Pearl Barley
100 g spinach – fresh
200g chopped tomatoes
1 red onion – finely chopped
1 clove garlic – finely chopped
1 tbsp Masala Paste
150ml veg stock
tbsp oil/spray oil
- Heat oil in a wok and add in onions and garlic, cook for about 1 – 2 mins until onions are soft.
- Stir in masala paste and cook for further 1 min.
- Stir in tomatoes, stock, split peas and barley, mix through and bring to boil then simmer for about 30 mins.
- Stir in spinach and simmer for further 1 min
- Serve with some chapati or which ever you like. Yum!