150g gram flour
1/2 tsp chilli
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp gram masala
1/2 tsp Turmeric
2 cloves garlic or 2 tsp ground garlic
small handful coriander (chopped finely)
1. Put all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together, make a well in the middle and gently add water little at a time while stirring, continue to add water until you get a smooth batter, it shouldn’t be too thick or too runny. Set aside.
1 x 500g McSween’s Haggis, but Grants and Halls are also good. (500g serves about 3)
1. Cook as per package instructions and let cool. Make into small balls and dip into batter.
2. Gently drop into hot oil and fry for about 4-5 mins. Drain and pat excess oil off with kitchen paper.
1 x Chicken Breast
1. Cut chicken breast into small chunks and lightly fry in a pan to brown.
2. Add some tomato paste to the left over batter mix and stir through until it turns pink, dip chicken chunks into batter and then drop gently into the oil and fry for about 3-4 mins. Drain and pat excess oil off with kitchen paper.
Pakora sauce for Chicken pakora
50g tomato ketchup
2g Mint leaves (finely chopped)
100g Natural Yoghurt
Pinch salt and chilli
1. Mix all the ingredients together, slowly adding the milk to produce a thin sauce. Pour into dish and set aside until ready.
Chilli sauce for Haggis Pakora
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
Generous squirt of tomato sauce
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp hot chilli sauce
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 beef oxo cube
1. Mix all ingredients into a pan and simmer until the oxo cube has fully dissolved. Remove and allow to cool before serving.
One thought on “Homemade Haggis and Chicken Pakora with sauce”
Pingback: Happy Burns Night! | COOKING WITH LUCE