I was looking for a quick pre or post workout snack, so made these for a quick pick me up of energy.
Makes approx 20 balls
200g Peanut Butter (I used Crunchy but you can use smooth)
1 tsp vanilla essence
150g Icing Sugar (or substitute)
100g Dark chocolate (I used 85% cocoa)
1. Put peanut butter, butter, vanilla, icing sugar in a pan and heat on a medium heat (No. 5/6 if using Induction), when it starts to bubble, remove and set aside to cool,
2. Once cool make into small balls and place on greaseproof paper on a tray. Place into freezer to harden for approx 1 hour.
3. Break up chocolate and place into a saucepan, heat on No. 1 if using Induction, or alternatively melt chocolate using bowl over pan or in microwave.
4. Remove balls from freezer and using 2 forks cover each one in the melted chocolate then place back onto the greaseproof paper and freezer for approx 30 mins until chocolate hardens.
5. To serve, remove from freezer approx 1o mins before to allow softening……..scoff….yum!
Can be kept in freezer up to 1 month. Yummy protein balls!