Looking for a wee dessert tonight so raided my cupboards and came up with these little bowls of delights.
Made 4 ramekins – each one different
11/4 packet of custard Powder
1 pint boiling water
4-6 squares of Dark chocolate
Chopped Hazelnuts – 1 tablespoon
4 teaspoons of sugar (Demerara or Caster)
1. Mix custard and boiling water in a bowl to get your base ingredient
Ramekin 1 – Disaronno custard brulee
1. Chop 1/2 banana and soak in 1 tablespoon of disaronno/Amaretto liquor (could use brandy/orange liquor) for 5 mins.
2. Lay banana at bottom of Ramekin then pour over some of the custard mix.
Ramekin 2 – Chocolate delight brulee
1. Melt 2 Dark Chocolate squares and mix with some of the custard mix
2. I crushed a chocolate cookie and placed at the bottom of the ramekin for extra crunch, then pour in the custard mix.
Ramekin 3 – Chocolate orange custard
1. Melt 2 Dark chocolate squares and mix with the custard mix, then add in a 2 drops of orange essence, mix and pour into ramekin
Ramekin 4 – Chocolate, Banana and Hazelnut pot
1. Slice 1/2 banana and put at bottom of ramekin, sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts over banana
2. Melt 2 Dark Chocolate squares, mix with custard and pour over.
Once ramekins are ready put into a ban maree and cook at 160deg in oven for 30-35 mins to thicken up. Remove and let cool before putting in refrigerator for approx 3 hours to let set.
When you are ready to eat, sprinkle some Demerara Sugar or Caster if you prefer over top and place under a very high grill for about 5-10 mins until slightly bubbly. (or if you have a cooks blow torch, go for it)