I love my eggs and always looking for alternative recipes to try, especially for breakfast or brunch. This was delicious and healthy too.
Serves 2 or 1 if your hungry!
Calories per serving 135, Fat 6g 2.1g sat. fat, Carbs 12g, Protein 9g.
1 cup or about 1 large handful kale
2 eggs, 1 egg white
50ml skimmed milk
salt and pepper to season
8 cherry tomatoes
20g cheddar cheese (grated) or you can use whichever you prefer
1 teaspoon oregano
1. Preheat oven to 190 deg. Lightly fry Kale and tomatoes in a shallow pan for about 6-8 mins.
2. Meanwhile whisk eggs, white, milk, salt, pepper and oregano together.
3. Transfer Kale and tomatoes into an oven ready dish, approx 8″ diameter.
4. Add grated cheese on top evenly and pour in egg mixture evenly.
5. Bake in oven for about 20 mins. Serve. Yummy!
You could use black peppercorn instead of pepper or even add in some paprika for that extra flavour.