Oh yum, this was delicious, chipotle is a smoky & spicy flavour from Mexico. A chipotle pepper is a dry, smoked jalapeno pepper. They are most commonly made from red jalapenos. However, you can also use ripe green jalapenos as well. Chipotle peppers are added to any dish that could use a smoky flavor with a little heat. For this recipe I used a Chipotle paste. A quick and easy full of flavour dinner.
2 Chicken Breasts
1 tbsp oil
1 Medium White Onion, diced
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Cumin
1 tbsp of Chipotle Paste
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
4 slices of Sourdough Bread or you can serve with Tortilla’s
For the Salsa:-
8-10 Cherry tomatoes – quartered
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp chipotle paste
1/2 red onion – finely diced
Freshly squeezed Lime & Lemon Juice
Seasoning to taste.
- Using a Blender/Food processor, whiz up the chicken breast into a mince like consistancey
- Heat the oil in a fry pan and brown the onion and minced chicken, breaking up the chicken as you cook
- Add in the cumin, paprika, chipotle paste, vinegar, passata and sugar and mix through until chicken is coated.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes
- To make the salsa, place everything in a bowl and mix together, set aside.
- Toast your Sourdough bread, remove chicken from heat and serve on top of bread. Serve with Salsa.