I am always looking for new ideas to be healthier in my Dinner choices, I used to think healthy meant you’d always be hungry after….lol. In this dish it is the complete opposite, with the addition of the rice & beans it was very filling and kept me satisfied all night, and with only 400 calories & 29g protein per serving, it was super healthy too.
You can always add some flaked Salmon for that extra nutrition.
Handful of Asparagus, trimmed & chopped
Handful of Green Beans, timmed & chopped
Handful of Peas
150g Wholegrain Rice (or for quickness, you could use prepacked rice)
100g Baby Spinach, chopped
1 x 400g Tin of Mixed Salad Beans (or any beans that you prefer, just not Baked!)
Zest & Juice of 1 Lemon
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Handful freshly Chopped Coriander
Rainbow Pepper or Black Pepper
- Cook the asparagus, green beans and peas in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 mins until tender. Drain.
- Cook the Rice as per packet instructions and drain.
- Heat the mixed salad beans in a pan for 4-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, put the rice, asparagus, green beans, peas, mixed salad beans & spinach, mix through until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together, olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon juice & zest and pinch sugar, pour over the rice bowl and mix through. Sprinkle over some fresh coriander and pepper then serve.