In a bid to get more vegetables into our diet, this little Tagine was simply super tasty and super healthy. One pot cooking too so nice & easy. I do love Moroccan flavours. Idea came from a recipe from PON and as usual I added and took out bits to suit my own tastes. Delicious!!!
Low calorie spray
1 Large carrot, cut into chunks
200g Turnip (swede), peeled and cut into chunks
2 large parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
6 shallots – peeled and cut into wedges
1 red pepper, cut into wedges
200g peeled and deseeded butternut squash, cut into chunks
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp Moroccan Spice Mix (1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp white pepper, 1/2 tsp mixed spice, 1/2 tsp ground turmeric)
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
250ml vegetable stock
1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained.
200g Baby Spinach
handful chopped fresh coriander
- Spray a Casserole dish with low cal spray and place over medium heat, add the vegetables and cook for about 5-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few more minutes, then add the spice mix and season ensuring all vegetables are covered.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and stock, bring to a simmer, cover and turn down low. Cook for about 1- 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chickpeas and spinach and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve.