Monday morning breakfast was a case of trying to use up leftovers. I had some fresh bread and spinach that needed to be used, so decided on some easy breakfast cups. Quick and easy to make. There are so many flavours you can use for these too.
Made 3 with left overs
1 piece of bread per cup – crustless
Cheddar Cheese (low fat – optional)
Salt & pepper to season
chilli flakes – optional
1 tsp paprika – optional
1 tbsp butter – melted
- Firstly preheat your oven to 180 deg.
- Brush your bread with the melted butter both sides and cut diagonally, place the bread into the muffin tin overlapping and making sure the bottom is covered.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 5 minutes and remove
- Place the spinach & cheese with seasoning and chilli into the cups and then crack the egg into them. Sprinkle with paprika and bake for a further 15 minutes. A bit less if you like your eggs really running.
- Scoop out with a spoon and devour! Yummy.
One thought on “Egg & Spinach Egg Baskets”
Pingback: Egg & Spinach Egg Baskets — COOKING WITH LUCE | My Meals are on Wheels