Oh yum, this little Sunday lunch dish was super tasty and healthy too. Original recipe was adapted from Love & Lemons. I was trying to use up what I had in my fridge so roasted tomato sauce it was to go with. Topped with some fresh scottish mackerel this was so tasty and flavoursome.
For the Flatbreads:-
200g Gram Flour
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Dried Parsley
2 tsp Dried Coriander
1 tsp Ground cumin
1/2 tsp Chilli powder or crushed chilli
2 tsps Lemon juice
6 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix everything together, chickpea flour, salt, garlic powder, dried herbs, cumin, lemon juice, olive oil and water. Allow to sit for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat a pan on the hob to a high heat with a little oil, pour half the mixture into the pan and cook for a few minutes until you see the mixture starting to rise. Flip over and cook for a further few minutes until slightly browned.
- Serve with roasted tomato sauce, top with strips of cucumber and some smoked mackerel. Yummy!
For the Roasted Tomato & Walnut Sauce
12-15 cherry tomatoes – halved
1 tsp ground garlic powder
2 tsps powdered sugar
2 tsps sea salt
1/4 tsp chilli flakes
2 tbsps Walnut Oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Roast the tomatoes under the grill or in a pan until soft and slightly browned.
- Place all other ingredients into a food processor, add the roasted tomatoes and blitz until you get a smooth puree.
One thought on “Chickpea Flatbreads with Roasted Tomato & Walnut Sauce”
Pingback: Chickpea Flatbreads with Roasted Tomato & Walnut Sauce — COOKING WITH LUCE | My Meals are on Wheels