Monday morning breakfast was a case of trying to use up leftovers. I had some fresh bread and spinach that needed to be used, so decided on some easy breakfast cups. Quick and easy to make. There are so many flavours you can use for these too.
Made 3 with left overs
1 piece of bread per cup – crustless
Cheddar Cheese (low fat – optional)
Salt & pepper to season
chilli flakes – optional
1 tsp paprika – optional
1 tbsp butter – melted
Firstly preheat your oven to 180 deg.
Brush your bread with the melted butter both sides and cut diagonally, place the bread into the muffin tin overlapping and making sure the bottom is covered.
Bake the bread in the oven for 5 minutes and remove
Place the spinach & cheese with seasoning and chilli into the cups and then crack the egg into them. Sprinkle with paprika and bake for a further 15 minutes. A bit less if you like your eggs really running.
I just love eggs and toast on a Saturday morning but wanted to jazz it up a bit today, so here is my eggs in toast with some spicy avocado bites.
2 Slices of Wholemeal toast (you can of course use white if you prefer)
1/2 avocado – mashed
tsp of chilli flakes
knob of butter
1. Heat butter in a pan
2. Using a cutter take out the centre of the bread slices
3. Place bread slices into the pan and crack the eggs in the centre. Also put the circle bites into the pan.
4. Cook for about 1-2 mins, then flip over and cook for a further 1-2 mins (depending if you want yolk running or not)
5. Meanwhile, mash up the avocado and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
6. Remove the toasts from pan and place on a plate. Take the 2 round pieces and place the cutter you used to cut over then spoon in the avocado mix, remove cutter and place on plate. Sprinkle with rainbow pepper to taste. Yummy!