I do love a good roast on a Sunday, my choice today was a good beef brisket. I haven’t tried this piece of meat before and decided to slow cook. It was so delicious.
1 x Beef Brisket – I used 1kg size
2 Red Onions – sliced into wedges
150m Beef Broth
2 tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp Soy sauce
3 garlic cloves – minced
Salt & pepper to season
1 tbsp oil
- Saute the red onions in a little oil on medium heat for about 20 minutes, remove from heat
- Pat dry the brisket and rub salt & pepper all over
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan to a high heat and sear the meat on both sides until browned.
- Mix together beef broth, Worcester sauce and soy sauce.
- Place the beef into a casserole dish (or slow cooker), pour the garlic and the red onions over the meat the pour the sauce mixture.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven on the Slow Cooker Setting for approx 8 hrs.
- Remove from oven and slice up meat or pull apart, serve with onions and sauce.