Inspired by Scottish Foods and a visit to a food festival recently I decided to try these little rolls myself. So yummy!
Makes about 10 mini rolls
200g Stornoway Black Pudding
2 x Granny Smith apples
1 shop bought ready rolled puff pastry (saves so much time)
Tomato or Brown sauce (whichever is your preference)
1 egg for wash
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the black pudding and haggis as per instructions, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile peel off skin from apple and core, chop into small chunks. Caramelise the apple in a fry pan for about 15-20 mins.
- Roll out pastry and cut length ways once
- Once haggis and pudding are cooked, place in a bowl and mash up with apple and seasoning
- Spread the pastry with your choice of sauce about 3 tbsp each length then fill the centre of each length with the pudding mixture
- Brush the egg wash around the edges of the pastry then roll up the pastry and seal the edges. Use a knife of fork to seal gently.
- You can now cut into the size you desire
- I used my magic little Crisper plate to bake these but you can of course bake in a preheat oven of 190 deg for about 20 minutes. Using the crisper, preheat for 2 minutes on dynamic crisp setting. Bake on crisper for 8 minutes.