Saturday lunch in my house today was Focaccia, although it turned out to much more like a pizza….lol…..I couldn’t decide on my toppings so just put it all in. Was absolutely delicious. (although note to self…….less toppings next time!)
I decided to try it using my crisper tray and it didn’t fail me, results were amazing in just 15 mins.
400g White bread flour
300ml warm milk
1 sachet 7g yeast
1 tsp of dried Italian herbs (or you can use a mix of garlic, oregano, thyme, basil and black pepper)
1 tbsp olive oil
Toppings of your choice………I used Mixed Piccolo tomatoes (halved), sliced roasted peppers, sauteed red onion, black olives, fresh basil leaves.
Salt & pepper to season
- Mix the yeast with the warm milk and leave for about 10 mins until it starts to froth.
- Mix the Flour, salt & herbs in a large mixing bowl
- Pour the milk into the flour and mix well. Knead dough for about 10 mins by hand or using a mixer for a few minutes until blended together into a dough.
- Let dough rise for about 1 hour. Use rising setting on Hotpoint oven.
- Preheat crisper plate for 2 minutes on Dynamic Crisp setting.
- Once dough has risen, place directly onto crisper plate and spread it out evenly to cover crisper plate.
- Place your toppings into the dough evenly and drizzle with a little oil
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 15 mins. (Or oven at 220deg for 20 mins)