I am watching Jamie Olivers new 5 Ingredient Cook programme just now and every week I’m like….I really need to try that. So this week it was Meatball Burgers…just the name sounds amazing.
Its a friday night, you come home from work and want something quick, easy and filling but tasty too…..this is the go to recipe. It was so tasty and so quick and easy to cook. The sauce that you can dip your burger in just made it….yum!
Makes approx 14 meatballs
500g Aberdeen Angus Mince
Pesto with basil
1 tin Plum tomatoes
1 ball mozzarella
Rolls – make sure they are crusty, if you use soft rolls they will fall apart.
- Mix the mince and 2 tbsp pesto together in a bowl and season
- Preheat a fry pan with a little oil, spoon with a dessert spoon some of the mixture into your hands and mould into a ball. (best to have wet hands when doing this)
- Place into fry pan and cook for about 10 mins turning to brown all over.
- Empty the plum tomatoes into the pan and season with salt & pepper.
- At the same time slice the mozzarella and place 1 slice over the top of each meatball, cook for about 2 minutes or until the mozzarella starts to melt.
- Spread 1/2 tbsp pest onto each roll
- Place about 3 meatballs onto each roll
- Dish out the sauce either into a bowl on on your plate. Devour!
3 thoughts on “Meatball Burger”