Another one of my quick put together meals tonight, still had some chicken leftover and bagels from weekend so decided to give the pulled chicken idea a go. This was really tasty also low in fat and calories as I used the skinny bagels at 120 calories. A real Asian infused Spice dish with the fresh coriander makes a perfect Monday night dish!
Serves 2 or makes 4 bagels.
2 small chicken breasts (I cut into thick strips so that it would cook quicker)
2 tbsp of extra light philadelphia (spread for bagels)
1 Beef tomato – chopped into small chunks
1 onion – chopped into small chunks
1 red pepper – chopped into small chunks
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Gram Masala
1 tsp chilli flakes
Salt & pepper to taste
100g Creme Fraiche
300ml Vegetable stock
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Firstly heat the olive oil in a shallow pan.
- Add in the chopped onion, red pepper, garlic and ginger cook on medium heat until onion and peppers are softened.
- Now add in the tomato puree, cumin, gram masala, turmeric, cinnamon, chilli, sugar and mix through for a few minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock, bring to the boil then reduce to a low simmer.
- Place the chicken into the sauce, cover the pan with a lid and simmer for approx 1 hour.
- Remove the lid, mix in the Creme Fraiche and gently with 2 forks pull the chicken apart. Turn up the heat to medium and continue to cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens up.
- Spread the bagels with the philly cheese and top with the pulled chicken mix……..so yummy!