Aren’t we always looking for healthier desserts? Guilt Free? Low Fat? Low Calories? My answer is yes, but I don’t want to compromise on flavour. This is perfect, delicious and healthier.
Serves 2 – per serving 169 kcal, 5 g fat (3g sat fat), 23g carbs, 8g protein
3/4 cup of skimmed milk
4 squares of 90% cocoa chocolate
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of orange extract
1 tablespoon of splenda sugar
1. Pre-heat oven on Multilevel to 160 deg. Butter bottom and sides of custard mould/dish and sprinkle some sugar around, shaking off excess. Place into a shallow dish and set aside.
2. In a saucepan mix milk, 1 tablespoon of sugar, chocolate pieces and 1 tsp of vanilla extract, gently heat through until chocolate is melted.
3. In a bowl combine egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon of orange extract.
4. Gradually whisk the milk mixture with the egg mixture and remove any foam from surface.
5. Pour mixture into the moulds, pour boiling water into the shallow dish around the moulds and place in oven for approx 30-35 mins.
6. Remove moulds from dish and allow to completely cool in moulds/pots on a rack. Once cooled, cover and refrigerate for approx 2 hours.
7. To unmold custards, loosen edges with a knife, slipping its point in between the custard and cup to let in air. Then place a dessert plate over each custard, turn mold or custard pot and plate over together releasing the custard onto plate. Decorate with some strawberries for garnish.