This is my go to One Pot meal. So easy and delicious.
SPICY CHICKEN AND RICE
2 x Chicken Breasts – cubed
100 g Long grain and wild grain rice (or rice of your choice)
1 onion chopped into wedges
Peppers of your choice – sliced/diced
2 salad tomatoes
1 tsp Paprika
1 Green/Red Chilli, chopped finely
350ml vegetable stock
1 tablespoon mixed herbs
splash of tabasco sauce
1. Brown of chicken, onion and peppers in little frying oil and then set aside.
2. Meanwhile make a few cuts down the tomatoes and let sit in boiling water to help release the skin later.
3. Empty rice, paprika and chillies into same pan and fry for about 1 minute or until rice is coated in oil.
4. Pour stock into pan and bring to boil rice mixture, then simmer for about 10 mins.
5. After about 10 mins, peel back the skin from the tomatoes and chop.
6. Add into pan, chicken, onion, peppers, tomatoes and mixed herbs, stir and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
7. About 2-3 minutes before ready add the the few drops of tabasco sauce.