This is my go to one pot chicken meal. So easy and delicious.
A really good dish that the whole family will enjoy. If you don’t like spice, not to worry just take out the chilli.
SPICY CHICKEN AND RICE
2 x Chicken Breasts – cubed
100 g Long Grain and Wild Grain Rice (or rice of your choice)
1 Onion – chopped into wedges
Peppers of your choice – sliced/diced
2 Salad Tomatoes
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Green/Red Chilli – chopped finely
300ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock
1 Tbsp Mixed Herbs
Splash of Tabasco Sauce
1. Brown of chicken, onion and peppers in little frying oil and then set aside.
2. Meanwhile make a few cuts down the tomatoes and let sit in boiling water to help release the skin later.
3. Put rice, paprika and chillies into pan and fry for about 1 minute or until rice is coated in oil.
4. Pour stock into pan of rice and bring to boil, then simmer for about 10 mins.
5. After 10 mins, remove the skin from the tomatoes and chop.
6. Add back to the pan, chicken, onion, peppers, tomatoes and mixed herbs then stir and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until the juice has reduced and thickened.
7. About 2-3 minutes before ready add the the few drops of tabasco sauce.