I do love a good pie, well we are known for our pies up here in Scotland, especially our Scotch Pies.
SHORTCRUST CHICKEN AND LEEK PIE
2 chicken breasts – cut into chunks
1 Leek, finely chopped
1 Chicken Stock Cube (Mix with milk)
Salt and pepper to season
2 tablespoons of plain flour
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 roll of ready rolled pastry
1.Roll out and place pastry into tart tin.
2. Prick the base with a fork and lay greaseproof paper on top of pastry
3. Tip in the baking beans
4. Place in oven at 190 deg for 15 mins
5. While pastry in oven, gently fry off chicken until lightly browned then remove from pan
6. Saute the leeks for about 5 mins and remove from pan
7. Melt butter in a pan gently, stir in the flour until a smooth paste
8. Add stock cube to milk and add to pan little at a time until it thickens slightly
9. Add back the chicken and leeks
10. Add seasoning and nutmeg, stir and gently simmer covered for about 15 mins
11. Remove greaseproof paper and baking beans from pastry and add in the chicken, leek mix
12.Cover with pastry or lattice, brush with little milk
13. Select Shortcrust Pastry setting and cook or convection bake for about 40 mins.