Oh WOW! This dish is super tasty, if you love Pies and you love Curries, you will absolutely love this. This came from my PON Everyday light Cookbook, so lower in calories too at just 400 per serving. The Sweet Potato Topping adds that extra flavour for perfection. This would be a good batch cook meal too.
For the Filling:-
300g Scottish Beef Mince
1 Red onion, diced
1 Red pepper, diced
1 Carrot, diced
1 tsp dried ginger granules (or 1cm fresh ginger, grated)
1 tsp garlic granules (or 1 clove, chopped)
2 tbsp Curry Powder
2 tbsp tomato puree
250ml Beef Stock
80g frozen peas
Salt & pepper to taste
For the Topping:-
1 large Maris Piper potato, peeled and diced
2 medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Preheat oven to 180 deg fan
- Place the potatoes into a pan of water and bring to boil, then simmer for 20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, spray some oil in a pan and brown the mince. Add the onion, pepper, carrot and cook for a few minutes. Add in the ginger, garlic, curry powder & tomato puree and mix. Then add the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for about 15-20 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Once potatoes are cooked, drain and mash with the turmeric and season.
- Once mince has cooked stir through the frozen peas and place into an ovenproof dish, allow to cool slightly. Once cooled spread the mash potatoes on top and fluff up with a fork. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. If you have a browning setting on your oven, place under grill and brown for a couple of minutes. (add that extra crunch)