Crispy fried onions are a great topper for a lot of dishes, I cooked these recently for my black bean taco dish. Just added that little extra crunch.
1 white onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp smoked paprika
oil for frying.
- Combine flour, salt and paprika in a bowl.
- Slice the onion very thinly.
- Heat up a little oil in a fry pan to medium to high heat
- Coat the onions slices in the flour mixture, shake of excess and drop into the oil. Cook until browned and crispy.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper.